I love weekend mornings for being peaceful, giving me the time to think and prepare the perfect breakfast. This weekend, I thought I’d share two ideas for toasted sandwiches – one savoury, one sweet. Share your breakfast or sandwich ideas in the comments section below!
Grilled sandwich with smoked salmon omelette
- Butter up the outer side of two slices of wholewheat bread
- Pan-fry the buttered side of bread until golden brown (as pictured), set aside
- Pan-fry a tbsp of onions and chopped up smoked salmon (~50g)
- Add in 2 eggs on low fire, shape egg to fit sandwich
Nutella french toast with bananas
- Spread a generous amount of Nutella on one side of each two slices of bread
- Soak the Nutella sandwich in a bowl of beaten eggs
- Heat up the pan, butter it, and place the sandwich in the pan, until both sides golden brown
- Top with sliced bananas
And of course, enjoy all of this with a nice cup of cappuccino! Have a great weekend everyone!