Too often do we undermine the work that goes into making soup. This recipe is by no means a simple one, but it’s easy to get the results which you can impress a dinner party with!
Ingredients (serves four)
6 medium tomatoes
2-3 handfuls of cherry or honey tomatoes
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp apple vinegar
Olive oil, salt, pepper
Small bunch fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp of cream or mascarpone cheese (optional)
1. Chop the medium tomatoes into quarters, place all tomatoes on a baking tray with crushed garlic, seasoning and olive oil. Bake for 20 mins at 200 degrees (c).
2. Heat a large pan on medium fire, drizzle olive oil then place in the sliced onions for a minute or so. Add in vinegar.
3. Take the tomatoes out of the oven. They should be super soft, some bursted and some charred. Add it into your pan, pouring in all the juices.
4. Turn to high fire for a few minutes. Take out and place every thing in a blender. Add a few fresh basil leaves. Blend well.
5. (Optional) Mix in 1 tbsp of cream or mascarpone cheese for a more dense texture.
Serve and enjoy!